Friday, September 7, 2007

Thank you...

There have been a set of people who have been instrumental in getting me into GSB-Chicago…this has been a seriously exhausting and exhilarating journey and to acknowledge the people who have stood by me would only be dulce & decorum…

1. DoZ: Doz along with another classmate at my old grad school had this weird idea of studying further on; at that time I was like “Madness!”. But after 1st hand reports (involving many oohs + aahs ;-) about experiences at universities like Chicago, Harvard and Wharton, I decided to take the plunge. Thanks, Doz for that seed and yeah…for paying my $300 housing deposit too ;-)
2. Alex: When I was looking for people to help me with my essays, Alex volunteered without a 2nd thought and he’s been at times more involved than me in this entire process. Often I would send him 5 drafts in 1 day and he would return them all promptly and neatly edited too. Actually he was the one who spurred me to apply to Stanford after which I started looking at other universities like Chicago seriously. There’s so much I owe this one man.
3. The Juggler: At a very frustrating time during the process, when I was neither here nor there, the Juggler was at hand for advice, support and general bitching. Along with other people whom I came to know in the admission process, they helped me craft a well-rounded strategy that would ensure an admit.
4. An assorted medley of friends: Ah, what would one do without them…s/ware engineer, HR consultant, financial analyst, sales manager…what a team to have with for taking on the admission process. Thank god for such mercies!
5. The folks @ work- Some very dear folks at work knew about what was happening in my life and had the kindness+grace to help me when I was distracted with the admit process and my “work” work was falling through the cracks. Needless of the incessant stress that telecom can generate, these are people who have taken time off for me and have been around me pushing me to finish this off and “get outta here”.
6. Needless to say, everyone at home including a slightly loony Labrador have been taking on most of the stress that was generated by the admit process. Wish you guys were here with me at Chicago.

I know what you are thinking…with all these people around me, I would have been a dumbkopf not to get into a decent B-school, right? Sigh…I know.

No comments: