Tuesday, March 27, 2007

!N!N!N!N!......through the outdoor.

After 3 harrowing months on the Chicago GSB W/L, I am, apparently(according to an anonymous, seemingly attractive 5am voice) IN.

In the middle of a honey oatmeal cookie at the Bangalore airport Coffee Day, got a call from a lady who told me so. At first, thought it was my brother because of the code "00301"-usually France lines start off with 0033...but all I heard was "You are off the waitlist" and like a Hindi movie, profuse emoshuns flowed (with Ramayan style "happy veena musik" in background)causing utter blabber "Am in Bangalore and am going to Pune..."Yes, I am already up because I had woken up earlier"..."Thank you so much,sir"...so on and so forth...Sheesh, what embarassment. I am sure hitherto referred-to voice is seriously wondering about my TOEFL scores. Esp. after I wanted to know if "off the waitlist is IN or OUT".

There's so many people I owe so much to, that I don't know where to start off the usual "Danks you" speech...right now, I think I will revel in this merciful numbness until reality seeps in later...as someone just famous said, "It will soon enough with the 80K deposit".

Thank god bless...er...Amen.

PS: Didnt plan to post this until I get the formal mail, but then again cheap thrills beckon...;-)

18 comments:

Iday said...

Many congratulations :) :) :)

JatWarrior said...

congrats buddy... i think i had posted on your other blog

Unknown said...

Congrats man...

Iday said...

yeah - i've heard a lot abt u too :)
i'm waiting to meet u too.

Bschool Diva said...

Congrats, Ganja!!! (Love the name)

AGirlsMBA said...

Ha thanks!! And congrats to you too! You're explanation referencing Indian movies and Ramayan had me laughing out loud!

We should plan some sort of get together or trip for this league of bloggers ... I find it crazy that some of us will never end up meeting in person!

D A said...

Great Dude..All the best..Go Red at GSB..

Deba said...

Hey, congratulations. Me too, off the R1 waitlist.

Alex said...

Keep going.

Anonymous said...

Hey
Congratulations on your success. I read your post on ClearAdmitWiki. Would you please post the Ursula grid some place, that you have talked about, the one with macros? I have jsut started to work on GMATS and have been looking for this grid. Thanks and Good luck!

Ganja Turtle said...

@ all - thanks a lot, guys...a whole lot of you have been cheering me on,danks again!

@ deba-join the club.dude!

@ anonymous-if you can give me ur email id, will send the same -all the best!

Ganja Turtle said...

@ indian alchemist-to narrow it down further, maroons the colour, my friend...thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!..I hope this grid will add to some method to my study. I am in my struggle stage with the GMAT. my email id is grlwitskill@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hi buddy ur post is truly inspiring. I'am also preapring for gmat and was searching in the net. Hey can u suggest me sme institue in cochin....anyway congrats and best of luck

Anoop Bhat said...

Congrats dude.....Hoping that you will post more on essays and the application process which might help prospective 2010 students....

Ganja Turtle said...

@anonymou2-cant comment of any insti in cochin dude...checked out only IMS and it sucked big time...but again,depends on the bacth that you want to join...if u get a decent bunch of guys all aspiring for 700+, then you wll have a better experience...suggest you meet up with like minded people, but books together and draw a schedule which you can stick to..day after day after day...if u need any help, let me know...cheers!

@ anoop bhat-but ofcourse - lots more to come...but until then u can straightaway reference iday, a previous commenter and "in between dreams" by juggler and check out what they have to say...gmat club and also hella's list also offer plenty of applicant blogs where u can pick up tips from...so give it ur best shot...if u need any help, do let me knw...all the best!

Achilles said...

hey congrats for getting into the red school....i have heard or rather heard a lot about you :)....congrats again

And Thanks for the comment on my blog....will keep coming back to you with questions:)

Thanks

SWAAANS said...

hey ganju ( liked the name)
congrats man...heard a lot about you...
so what al did you do to get off that waitlist...if you would like to share it would be very helpfull

swaans